The “Erice Arte” Foundation of Erice, Sicily, sponsored by Erice Town Hall, announces its “EriceInArte 2014” Competition
The “Erice Arte” Foundation of Erice, Sicily, sponsored by Erice Town Hall, announces its “EriceInArte 2014” Competition, a programme for artists in residence intended to support the artistic growth of young artists and thus contribute to the further development of contemporary Italian art, including its international projection.
The Riso Museum – Sicily’s museum of contemporary art in Palermo — is a partner in this project.
This programme aims at urging selected artists to re-discover the city of Erice, viewed as an urban, architectural and cultural fabric, approaching it with the tools of artistic creation, with the purpose of:
- Fostering cultural links and cultural exchange
- Using artistic means to celebrate the city of Erice and its cultural heritage
- Enriching the training of artists through experiences of cooperation and dialogue
- Accomplishing artistic projects or exhibiting works
- Publishing an online or paper catalogue presenting their work
- Networking with critics, curators and both public and private art institutions
During their stay, resident artists must develop art projects that will eventually be presented to the public in a suitable exhibition or performance space. These goals will be attained through exhibitions, concerts, film screenings, seminars and related events.
APPLYING IS EASY:
Contact the programme through:
Artistic Director: Giulia Viviano for Fondazione Erice Arte
Programme management by Fondazione Erice Arte